SALES AND ENGINEERING
Hughes-Anderson has developed many in-house software applications to assist with all aspects of the design process.
Each heat exchanger we build is designed and engineered in house. When issues arise, designers are able to step in and make adjustments. Our diverse team of mechanical and thermal engineers bring advanced knowledge, as well as years of industry experience, to analyze your project and create the best solution to suit your needs.
Estimating / Sales / Purchasing
- Bill of Material (BOM) – generated by Engineering at the time of design/detailing. Database contains descriptions and geometries of all components required in fabrication. Data generated is used by Purchasing, Milltest, and NDE programs.
- Estimating Program – RCS’s estimating module coupled with in-house application for data retrieval from our own Mechanical Design Program.
- Quote System – logs and tracks RFQs including price, number of items, customer, and end user. Database is searchable by a variety of fields.
- Sales Order System – serves as the “hub” for other programs. Tracks customer, end user, TEMA type, tube material, weight, size, etc. Generated data is used for scheduling of backlog. Database is searchable by a variety of fields.
- Work Order Detail – searchable database containing detailed information for each work order (WO), including dimensional data, design pressure/temperature, TEMA type, and materials of construction. Report generator for specified search criteria.
- Purchasing Suite – generates Inquiry, from selected BOM items. Inquiries can be converted to a Purchase Order (PO) or a PO can be generated manually. Pertinent information is tracked for each item such as estimated delivery date, vendor, price, etc. A Receiving module flags items as they are received. Purchasing and Receiving information is written to the BOM database which is accessible throughout the plant’s network.
Engineering / Design
- ASME Mechanical Design – includes internal and external pressure calcs. Database of 250+ ASME materials, including allowable stresses/physical properties.
- Vertical and Horizontal Support Analysis – including Zick analysis.
- Nozzle Loading Calcs – per WRC-107 and FEA analysis.
- Tube Layout – handles U-tubes up to 16 passes; straight tubes up to 20 passes. Interactive graphic interface for adding/deleting tubes, tube rows, tube columns, as well as passplates, baffle cuts, skid bars, etc. Data is imported into AutoCad® to generate AutoCAD/DWG format file/drawing.
- Full Scale Dimensional Drawing – A complete scale drawing of the entire exchanger in AutoCAD® based on mechanical calculations.
- AutoCAD® Enhancements – AutoLisp programs automate the drawing process by retrieving dimensional data generated by the Design and Poopsheet programs.
- Data Collection System (DACOS) – tracks hours, labor codes, and employees in near real-time for every active WO in the shop. This information not only feeds the payroll system, but allows tracking of specific operations for each employee, work order and shop (welding, machine, assembly).
- Production Status – data is imported from the Design and Estimating programs, DACOS, and the Sales Order system to “calculate” a fabrication schedule/timeline for each job based on promised delivery date and “latest possible start time”. Data may also be analyzed for impact on individual shops.
- Weld Procedure (WPS) Writer – WPS’s and Procedure Qualification Records (PQR’s) are stored in a database which is accessible throughout the plant’s network. Database is also connected to Weld Consumables Program–see below.
- Weld Consumables – Welder, WO, consumables (to nearest 1/10th LB), WPS and location of each weld for every job is tracked in near real-time. Reports can be generated by WO, Welder, date range, consumable, etc.
- NDE Travelers – Excel® spreadsheets have been customized to read materials or weld locations from appropriate database for each job in the shop. Required testing and/or material requirements are checked off as completed by various Quality Control (QC) personnel.
- CNC Programs – generate files for CNC burn table, drills, and milling machines.
- Drawing Status (DRAST) – tracks AutoCAD® drawings, calculations, WPS’s and NDE procedures sent to customers. Also tracks status of same documents and their revisions returned by customers.
- Milltest – component materials (i.e. plate, nozzles, etc.) are entered for each WO and checked for correct chemistry and physical properties against a database of 250+ ASME materials. Materials database is editable/expandable. Out of range values are instantly flagged. Acceptable items are stored and can be printed for each WO. A final summary report of all materials is generated and included with data books sent to customers.